Community Forums

Type 2 Community

Erratic blood sugar

Started 11/14/2012 by gillytee

• gillytee gillytee ORIGINAL POSTER
    I have had 4 blood glucose tests in the last 3 months which have been 8.3, 9.6, 10.2 and 7.4 and they have also on occasion been high in the past eg at the beginning of this year and middle of last year. As it was 7.4 last Thursday (the 10.2 was 2 weeks previously)I have been told I am diabetic I am borderline so nothing is going to be done for 3 months not even advice on diet and yet I feel terrible with many of the symptoms of diabetes eg tingling fingers, cold sweats, light headed. broken nights due to needing to go to the loo. The light headedness is so bad and so prolonged that I have not been able to drive for the last 4 weeks which is a big problem for me as I have mobility problems due to polio. How can I have all these problems continuosly when 2 weeks ago I had a 10.2 result and last Friday I was just into the diabetic range. Surely I should be feeliong better if the number has gone down.emoticon
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    I have had 4 blood glucose tests in the last 3 months which have been 8.3, 9.6, 10.2 and 7.4 and they have also on occasion been high in the past eg at the beginning of this year and middle of last year. As it was 7.4 last Thursday (the 10.2 was 2 weeks previously)I have been told I am diabetic I am borderline so nothing is going to be done for 3 months not even advice on diet and yet I feel terrible with many of the symptoms of diabetes eg tingling fingers, cold sweats, light headed. broken nights due to needing to go to the loo. The light headedness is so bad and so prolonged that I have not been able to drive for the last 4 weeks which is a big problem for me as I have mobility problems due to polio. How can I have all these problems continuosly when 2 weeks ago I had a 10.2 result and last Friday I was just into the diabetic range. Surely I should be feeliong better if the number has gone down.emoticon
    You didn't mention WHEN these numbers are taken--before a meal, first thing in the morning, or randomly? We don't consider diabetes borderline--you either have it or you don't. Your numbers would indicate you do, and you deserve treatment. Medications can help keep your numbers in control. For now, reduce the carbohydrate in your meals ( less bread, rice, no sweets or sugary drinks) and increase your non-starchy vegetables and lean protein. You mentioned mobility problems, but movement helps reduce your blood glucose. Within your limitations, try to increase your physical activity daily. Good luck!
  • Sandeep52147 Sandeep52147
    Hii
    I am a patient of diabetes since 2006 and now am 25 year old
    I am taking triglycomet tabs for controlling blood sugar
    But these days my sugar level increases with blood pressure
    Pls tell me i ve type 1 or 2
    N whats the reason of increasing sugar level with blood pressure.
    Thx
    N sorry for my poor english
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    Hii
    I am a patient of diabetes since 2006 and now am 25 year old
    I am taking triglycomet tabs for controlling blood sugar
    But these days my sugar level increases with blood pressure
    Pls tell me i ve type 1 or 2
    N whats the reason of increasing sugar level with blood pressure.
    Thx
    N sorry for my poor english
    You have Type 2 diabetes, not Type 1. Pay attention to your fluid intake, your blood sugar may be higher when you are dehydrated, and also your blood pressure. Stress can also make each be higher.
  • arnold arnold
    hello, my name is Arnold, I`m writing because of my mon, she is diabetic 2 and she is very thin, she is only 105 pounds and she measures around 4 feet 8. she is taking Glucovance lf 500mg over 2.5 and she blood sugar has been very irregular, sometimes is 200 and the next day she could be 85, and so on. i would like to know, what would you recomend me to do in order to keep her blood sugar controlled. thanks