Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

Illness and NOW Diagnosed

Started 7/3/2013 by mikis_mom@yahoo.com

• mikis_mom@yahoo.com mikis_mom@yahoo.com ORIGINAL POSTER
    I have been sick with a headache for over a year now and it will not go away no matter what I do , I have been through numerous tests, MRI,CT You name it I have had it.. Endocrinologists, Have had blood sugars , glucose tests, Many MANY times. Now recently (today) my GP tells me I have high blood sugar, It has been reported high many times, AND NOW they decide it is high, 248. I have seen it higher even and Now they decide it is bad. I need to know how can th meds they have had me on and all the medical work ectt.. Can affect my blood sugars? Also are there certain disorders that create Diabetes Myelitis . I am sure it is spelled wrong. I apologize, My head is at a very painful point for the last 2 days..
  • claras claras
    Dear Mikis,
    It sounds like you are very frustrated! Please do follow up on your medical care to get your blood sugar down to be within the normal range. Medicine can affect blood sugars so please ask you doctor and pharmacist how the medication you have been on has and does affected yours. Call your insurance to see what is covered for diabetes education and ask where the nearest diabetes education program is located. Ask your insurance about additional medical nutrition therapy visits. This will help you plan your meals and snacks based on what medications you will need to get your blood sugar in control. Please follow-up to get your blood sugars in control. Please let us know how you are making out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN