Community Forums

Medicine Cabinet

Natural ways to cure diabetes

Started 2/1/2012 by ket123

• ket123 ket123 ORIGINAL POSTER
    I am suffering from Type 2 diabetes. Suggest any natural ways to cure or to control diabetes. I am doubtful about the artificial medicines.
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    The most natural way is the eat a healthy lower carbohydrte diet and get exercise every day. Cinnamon has been shown to lower blood sugar, but not permanently. We don't have cure for diabetes--weight loss helps alot.
  • ket123 ket123 ORIGINAL POSTER
    Thanks Sharon,for your useful information. Now a days I am trying for weight loss and for that I have decided to make one proper diet plan which will help me for weight loss and also make me fit and healthy. Hope, your given information will help me to control diabetes.ket1232012-02-03 00:10:51
  • kazim kazim
    can u help me in preparing a diet plan for lowering my weight?
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    A weight loss calorie goal is your body weight in pounds x 10. So, if you weigh 250 lbs, a calorie controlled diet of 2500 calories would be a slow steady weight loss. However, I find most people are not very active when over weight, so men lose weight nicely on 1800-2000 calories, and women 1300-1500 calories.
  • Cassandra Cassandra
    Hi
    since we on the topic of medication either natural or artificial. My problem is on the issue on the dosage(insulin)it is difficult for me to stick to the same dosages due to my sugar It renders itself to be really weird. If I take a meal with a pre-test of 8.0 in less than an hour Im experiencng a low my dosages of rapid insulin has been flunctuation between 4 and 8 the moment I respond to the hypo with fruit juice or something I hit atleast a 16 mmol, but again an hour later I hit a low up-to 1 mmol. this is the case for years. whats the possible solution nd medication to stabilise this.
  • MikeBoyle MikeBoyle
    This reply comes from DiabetesCare.net's registered dietitian/certified diabetes educator Sharon Howard:
    "Maybe you need a longer acting insulin, more gentle release, like Regualr or NPH. . Or, use a smaller dose at meals, and be sure to have some carbohydrate with your meal."
  • mim1104 mim1104
    iam imran from pakistan.
    i am patient of diabeties.i am 30 years old my blood suger fast is 146.i am taking half tablet after breakfat and after dinner. off oizer plus(pioglitazone 15mg.metamorfinhydrochloride BP)
    pls guide me what shou;ld i do.i am also taking nutrition precaution measures.
    pls pls guide me
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    You could also add a 30-60 min brisk walk a day. It appears you are not on the full dose of medicine ( half tablet) and, with the permission of your doctor, could increase the dose. Or take the medicine before meals.
  • kazim kazim
    can I have calorie chart so that i may choose my diet accordingly. 
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    You can use our Carb Planner Tool or our Nutrition Tracker to find calorie values and recommended intake levels.
  • kazim kazim
    I am using 2 types of insulin. Insulin Lantus 36 units at night. Insulin Actrapid R 18,18 and 12 units before Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. My Blood Glucose with these doses often comes to be 84 to 90 after breakfast. In this condition when I take 18 units of Actrapid insulin. Blood sugar level lowers considerably but if I don't take insulin sugar level increases to 250+. What should I do to control this.
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    If your morning blood glucose (BG) is too low, you might notch down your Lantus a few Units. Also, you should be matching your Actrapid with your food intake ( carbs) and correcting for your before meals BG levels. For instance, if you start a meal too high, and you eat a lot of carbs, you might need to increase your insulin dose at that one meal. You are in a fixed plan, but maybe you need more flexibility to get better numbers and less lows. You are very close--can you find a diabetes educator to fine tune this for you? You need to check with your doctor about changing dosages before you do anything.
  • kazim kazim
    my wife (62) is using one Dimicron MR30 in the morning and one Neodipar 500 after dinner. Her morning BG is good but it is too high after lunch and dinner (180-210) though she do not take too much carbs. Kindly give some advice for her. 
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    I am not familiar with the medications available to you, but my hunch is she may need a higher dose. She could also take a walk just before each meal and see the effect on her blood glucose.