Community Forums

Type 1 Community

Developing an Artificial Pancreas that Delivers Glucagon

Started 8/30/2013 by John Parkinson

• John Parkinson John Parkinson ORIGINAL POSTER
    Software engineer Gil de Paula is working on this device with the capability of delivering a little discussed hormone, glucagon, with the vision of designing a more complete artificial pancreas (AP) system for patients. Read his interview here.
  • talukderbd2003 talukderbd2003
    I have measured my blood sugar, last 2 months fasting it is remaining 125 to 140 and after 2 hrs. of breakfast it is 144 to 175. Am I a diabetic patient? If yeas. Please give me a guideline to control that one. My age is about 52 years.
  • claras claras
    This is a reply to
    I have measured my blood sugar, last 2 months fasting it is remaining 125 to 140 and after 2 hrs. of breakfast it is 144 to 175. Am I a diabetic patient? If yeas. Please give me a guideline to control that one. My age is about 52 years.
    Dear talukderbd2003,
    According to the American Diabetes Association a fasting blood glucose over 126 mg/dl is one of the ways diabetes is diagnosed. Please see my blog " 7 Important Numbers People with Diabetes Need to Know" at: http://www.diabetescare.net/Blog/Clara_Schneider/F703F1CC-F9CC-456A-B3DE-CE444D9B4D03.
    Make an appointment with your physician and see if you need to lose weight. You many also want to see a dietitian to advise you on your nutritional needs and to make a meal plan that is balanced and planned with your health needs in mind. Ask if you can walk 15 minutes after each meal. You may also ask if you need medication at this time. Please let us know how you make out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN