Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

hello

Started 10/25/2012 by monic71

• monic71 monic71 ORIGINAL POSTER
    Hi i am new here.I have signed up as i need help.I am 41 and have type 2.The thing is i know nothing a bout this.I live in a small spanish village and when i found out i had diabetes all i was told was not to eat sweet things and ready to eat meals.I cant check my suguar leavels as this is not covered by the NHS.I was told to go at 8.30am 3 times a week which is imposible s at that time i am getting my kids ready for school.I feel i have know idea what i should be eating and when,I feel im in the dark and this scares e very much.Any help would be great,Thanks
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    Hi i am new here.I have signed up as i need help.I am 41 and have type 2.The thing is i know nothing a bout this.I live in a small spanish village and when i found out i had diabetes all i was told was not to eat sweet things and ready to eat meals.I cant check my suguar leavels as this is not covered by the NHS.I was told to go at 8.30am 3 times a week which is imposible s at that time i am getting my kids ready for school.I feel i have know idea what i should be eating and when,I feel im in the dark and this scares e very much.Any help would be great,Thanks
    Consider limiting the amount of starchy food to 1/4 of your meal, and do not drink anything sweet. Have 2 fruits a day but no fruit juice. Milk--2 cups a day at the most. Take a walk for 20 minutes everyday. See the rest of our website for more information. You can have a A1c test done every 3 months which will indicate how you have been doing, if you can't get daily blood sugar testing.