Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

new and overwhelmed

Started 3/21/2014 by rocky13rose

• rocky13rose rocky13rose ORIGINAL POSTER
    Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with diabetes last week, I actually saw it coming. I am having a lot of trouble changing my eating habits. I meet with a dietician next week, yeah! I also had hip replacement surgery in Nov and still have quite a bit of pain which makes walking hard at times. I hope to get to know some of you and share ideas.
  • claras claras
    This is a reply to
    Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with diabetes last week, I actually saw it coming. I am having a lot of trouble changing my eating habits. I meet with a dietician next week, yeah! I also had hip replacement surgery in Nov and still have quite a bit of pain which makes walking hard at times. I hope to get to know some of you and share ideas.
    Hello rocky13rose,
    We hope you enjoyed your session with your dietitian and are learning what you need to do for your meal plan. Ask your doctor if you can do some exercise that is done in a chair. Sometimes a referral to a physical therapist is good so they can evaluate you and give you proper exercises that will help you and not hurt you. They may be able to help you with your hip surgery as well. Go to our section for people with newly diagnosed diabetes located at:http://www.diabetescare.net/About/NewlyDiagnosed/#.U1LAdfldWSo.
    Please let us know your progress.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN