Community Forums

Medicine Cabinet

newer medicines for type 2s?

Started 8/30/2012 by RogerRoger

• RogerRoger RogerRoger ORIGINAL POSTER
    are there newer medicines for type 2s that i should consider?
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    There are new diabetes medications, or newer versions of olds ones, always being offered. Your physcian may know of them, but has little experience with them, or your insurance may not cover yet. Some of the new ones are injectibles that are not insulin. Many people shy away from shots. Discuss you interest with your doctor.
  • NAHEED NAHEED
    WHAT ARE THOSE INJECTIONS WHICH ARE NOT INSULIN? I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    There are 2 injectable medications for Type 2 diabetes that are not insulin. Byetta and Victoza slow the rate the body absorbs food , decreases the amount of glucose the liver produces, and can help people lose weight. The end rest is lower blood glucose levels.
  • sal36uk sal36uk
    I went out and brought accu aviva Nano machine which i was doing fine with and finally got tha hang of it, then went to see my diabetic nurse and she couldnt prescribe the needles and blood strips for that machine so she had to give me another one which is easy to use, but this one came with a little bottle of blue fluid which it says to put one drop on ur finger with the blood i done this and it washed the blood away so i dont use it. i had my 1st blood test done the hba1c which was 42.1 which is good and they say this says ur blood sugars in the past 6-8weeks have been good but No they havent some days its been fine but all the other days has been higer than they like it to be, the lowest ive had is 4.6 i was happy with, the rest have been between 7.4 -11.0 today has been my higest and i really dont feel well im out of it and all i want to do is sleep its 13.6, im shaking sicky and ectremely tired can hardle keep my eyes open, my eyes r really blurrery too.
    am new to this site so bare with me if im posting on the wrong bit xx thank sal
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    I went out and brought accu aviva Nano machine which i was doing fine with and finally got tha hang of it, then went to see my diabetic nurse and she couldnt prescribe the needles and blood strips for that machine so she had to give me another one which is easy to use, but this one came with a little bottle of blue fluid which it says to put one drop on ur finger with the blood i done this and it washed the blood away so i dont use it. i had my 1st blood test done the hba1c which was 42.1 which is good and they say this says ur blood sugars in the past 6-8weeks have been good but No they havent some days its been fine but all the other days has been higer than they like it to be, the lowest ive had is 4.6 i was happy with, the rest have been between 7.4 -11.0 today has been my higest and i really dont feel well im out of it and all i want to do is sleep its 13.6, im shaking sicky and ectremely tired can hardle keep my eyes open, my eyes r really blurrery too.
    am new to this site so bare with me if im posting on the wrong bit xx thank sal
    The blue fluid might be the test solution to calibrate the meter. Look over the instructions again or call your nurse. If you are not feeling well, you need to be checking your blood glucose more frequently to know if its your diabetes or not.