Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

please advice me

Started 1/25/2014 by sultanali

• sultanali sultanali ORIGINAL POSTER
    Dear Doctors/Readers,
    My doctor advice me to test HB - HBA1C which comes 14.9 %
    I am taking Glucophage 500mg/dl. In morning and 250mg/dl in lunch and 500mg/dl dinner . Total comes to 1000mg/dl. (Glucophage)
    I took these tablets in between meal, I mean in middle of my diet.
    And from last 15 days I am regularly testing my sugar three times a day 1= after one hour is 180/185mg/dl. 2= after 2 hrs test is coming 160/170 mg/dl 3= fasting test after every 8 hours is coming 119/125mg/dl
    Please advice me is it OK or should I increase the dose?
    How can I bring it to 90/100mg/dl in fasting?
    My age is 60 years and my weight is 105 kg. And height is 5 ft. 7 inches.
    FYI I am eating vegetables instead of red meat and heavy meal. And also planed and started trying to reduce my weight at least 15 kg.Within few months.
    Also I am suffering from sciatica since last l7 years. I can't walk more then 5 to 10 minutes. Walking very slowly by taking rest after every 10 minutes.
    Regards
    SULTAN
  • claras claras
    Dear Sultan,
    Please ask your physician if you should increase your dose of Glucophage. Your doctor needs to evaluate your kidney function and also if you are actually loosing weight as you plan. Walking helps blood glucose levels but you need to be healthy enough to do it. Ask your doctor if there are any problems to you walking as much as you are comfortable with after meals. The maximum amount of Glucophage that is recommended by the manufacturer is 2550 mg/day in adults and for people taking Glucophage XR, the maximum dose is 2000 mg/day. For precautions and more information of Glucophage see: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=4a0166c7-7097-4e4a-9036-6c9a60d08fc6#s9
    Congratulations on the progress you are making towards getting your blood glucose under control! Please let us know how you make out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN
  • claras claras
    Dear Sultanali,
    Please ask your doctor if the numbers for your hemoglobin A1c were correct. Did you just start the Glucophage recently? If your A1c is correct, ask your doctor to see if you are testing your blood glucose correctly.
    Here is a link to the American Diabetes Association calculator to see what your estimated glucose values are with different A1c levels: http://professional.diabetes.org/GlucoseCalculator.aspx
    As you can see for an A1c of 14.9% your average glucose would be 381 mg/dl so something is off. Please call your doctor to advise what your problem is. Let us know how you make out.
    Hello Clara Schneider
    Many thanks for your prompt mail.
    A=FYI on 06/12/2013. When I first visited my doctor he checks g/sugar from his clinic meter and it was 420 mg/dl. Then he sends me to a very famous lab. In our city. Same day I went to the lab. And on 07/12/2013. I took the report to my doctor he check the report and confirm that it is correct. He advise me to take metformin 500 gm. Three times a day. (As per your advice I have gone on the site you wrote and checked/calculated as you wrote it was 381 mg/dl. (Thanks for guidance)
    B=Since then I tried to take care of my diet and focus on vegetables, fish, Lentils, oatmeal, all cooking with olive oil. In breakfast I take 2 slice of brown breads with Tea (milk tea) and fried white egg. I eat one apple and one orange different time in a day.
    C= I am taking Glucophage 250mg three times instead of 500mg three times.
    D= Now since last one week my fasting GS (after 7 to 8 hours) is 110 mg/dl. After one hour 170 mg/dl. And after two hours is 140 mg/dl.
    E=before three months my weight was 106.50 kg. Then on 25/02/2014 it was 105 kg. And today it is 104 kg. Within three months I lose 2.5 kg.
    F=Almost three months passed as per my HbA1c report. I think I should wait for one month and check my blood glucose after thirty days.
    Sorry to keep you reading so lengthy letter hope you will forgive me.
    At last after reading all my progress report I request you to please send me more advices to take care of my health. I wish with your advices hopefully the day will come I will get rid from medicines.
    Many thanks for your response I will wait for your valuable advices.
    With respect (God Bless you in every walk of your life).
    Please pass my regards to your family members
    Sultan Ali
    This is a reply to
    Dear Sultanali,
    Please ask your doctor if the numbers for your hemoglobin A1c were correct. Did you just start the Glucophage recently? If your A1c is correct, ask your doctor to see if you are testing your blood glucose correctly.
    Here is a link to the American Diabetes Association calculator to see what your estimated glucose values are with different A1c levels: http://professional.diabetes.org/GlucoseCalculator.aspx
    As you can see for an A1c of 14.9% your average glucose would be 381 mg/dl so something is off. Please call your doctor to advise what your problem is. Let us know how you make out.
    Hello Clara Schneider
    A=FYI on 06/12/2013. When I first visited my doctor he checks g/sugar from his clinic meter and it was 420 mg/dl. Then he sends me to a very famous lab. In our city. Same day I went to the lab. And on 07/12/2013. I took the report to my doctor he check the report and confirm that it is correct. He advise me to take metformin 500 gm. Three times a day. (As per your advice I have gone on the site you wrote and checked/calculated as you wrote it was 381 mg/dl. (Thanks for guidance)
    B=Since then I tried to take care of my diet and focus on vegetables, fish, Lentils, oatmeal, all cooking with olive oil. In breakfast I take 2 slice of brown breads with Tea (milk tea) and fried white egg. I eat one apple and one orange different time in a day.
    D= Now since last one week my fasting GS (after 7 to 8 hours) is 110 mg/dl. After one hour 170 mg/dl. And after two hours is 140 mg/dl.
    E=before three months my weight was 106.50 kg. Then on 25/02/2014 it was 105 kg. And today it is 104 kg. Within three months I lose 2.5 kg.
    F=Almost three months passed as per my HbA1c report. I think I should wait for one month and check my blood glucose after thirty days.
    At last after reading all my progress report I request you to please send me more advices to take care of my health. I wish with your advices hopefully the day will come I will get rid from medicines.
    Many thanks for your response I will wait for your valuable advices.
    Sultan Ali
    This is a reply to
    Dear Sultanali,
    Hello Clara Schneider
    At last after reading all my progress report I request you to please send me more advises to take care of my health. I wish with your advises hopefully the day will come I will get rid from medicines.
    Many thanks for your response I will wait for your valuable advises.
    Sultan Ali
    Hello Clara Schneider
    At last after reading all my progress report I request you to please send me more advises to take care of my health. I wish with your advises hopefully the day will come I will get rid from medicines.
    Many thanks for your response I will wait for your valuable advises.
    Sultan Ali
  • lukwasa lukwasa
    Dear Doctors,
    Recently I tested my sugar level and the result showed high sugar level and the doctor requested me to carry out a fasting glucose level test the next day. However, the result showed my sugar level being normal. Please advice.
    Hello Respectful Clara Schneider.
    A= my weight= from 106.5 kg. and now it is 100 kg.
    B= MY BG= before 4 months was between 375 mg/dl to 400 mg/dl.
    C = Medicines = about three months I took glucophage 1500 mg in a day
    (500 mg three times a day). And then later reduce 750 mg in a day.
    D= since from last week my BG in fasting is between 100 mg/dl to110
    Mg/dl BG after 2 hrs between 130 mg/dl to 145 mg/dl.
    E= and now not taking any medicine not a single tablet of glucophage.
    (Metformin) since last week.
    F= Walking= Started walking from today three minutes in a day. As I wrote
    You before (I also have bulging and herniated discs in my lower back
    Resulting in Sciatica L4, L5. nerve pinching.)
    G= FYI this change comes due to I change my diet on (low carb high Fat).
    Before 15 days ago, because Last month a friend of mine explains me
    About this kind of diet and I started to eat LCHF diet. He is not nutrition.
    His Uncle having type 1 Diabetic aged 55 he started LCHF diet and
    He told me that he was better than before till 8 years and he stop taking
    Insulin, Last year he was expired in a car accident.
    Last 15 day after starting this diet I am feeling better than before
    Swelling on my Feet and hands and now it is all finish, pain in my body
    Due to Diabetic finish, I am feeling my health is recovering. Without any
    Tablets.
    Please advise me for this diet plan should I continue or not. Is there is
    Any Reliable site I can understand the good results or bad side effects of
    this Diet plan.
    Many thanks for your response I will wait for your
    Valuable and authentic advises.
    I wish helpful advises from you.
    Regards
    Sultan Ali
    Hello Respectful Clara Schneider.
    A= my weight= from 106.5 kg. and now it is 100 kg.
    B= MY BG= before 4 months was between 375 mg/dl to 400 mg/dl.
    C = Medicines = about three months I took glucophage 1500 mg in a day
    (500 mg three times a day). And then later reduce 750 mg in a day.
    D= since from last week my BG in fasting is between 100 mg/dl to110
    Mg/dl BG after 2 hrs between 130 mg/dl to 145 mg/dl.
    E= and now not taking any medicine not a single tablet of glucophage.
    (Metformin) since last week.
    F= Walking= Started walking from today three minutes in a day. As I wrote
    You before (I also have bulging and herniated discs in my lower back
    Resulting in Sciatica L4, L5. nerve pinching.)
    G= FYI this change comes due to I change my diet on (low carb high Fat).
    Before 15 days ago, because Last month a friend of mine explains me
    About this kind of diet and I started to eat LCHF diet. He is not nutrition.
    His Uncle having type 1 Diabetic aged 55 he started LCHF diet and
    He told me that he was better than before till 8 years and he stop taking
    Insulin, Last year he was expired in a car accident.
    Last 15 day after starting this diet I am feeling better than before
    Swelling on my Feet and hands and now it is all finish, pain in my body
    Due to Diabetic finish, I am feeling my health is recovering. Without any
    Tablets.
    Please advise me for this diet plan should I continue or not. Is there is
    Any Reliable site I can understand the good results or bad side effects of
    this Diet plan.
    Many thanks for your response I will wait for your
    Valuable and authentic advises.
    I wish helpful advises from you.
    Regards
    Sultan Ali
    Hello Respectful Clara Schneider. I am waiting for my last email i think may be you are busy in these days . I request you please advice me for your information by the grace of (Almighty) God my BS in fasting is between 95 to 108 mg/dl. and after two hour is between 135 to 145 mg/dl. Without any medicine /tablet . blood presser is normal . no pain in body health is better . Best regards to you and your family Sultan Ali