Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

Hello all diabetics

Started 12/16/2012 by rita123

• rita123 rita123 ORIGINAL POSTER
    emoticon My name is Rita and I am a 44 year old person who is a diabetic since I was 1 years old. I still have good health including my sight. I still have great feeling in my feet as well. I do think I am very blessed because most most people who have had diabeties as long as I have are not as lucky. I am twice blessed with two children whom do not have diabeties. I am however thankful that I got diabeties at such a young age because it is the only life I know. Don't get me wrong, I do get angry about checking my sugars or some times watching what I have to eat or not eat. I am however lucky because I can control diabeties unlike some other things out there that a person can not control. I just want to say trust your doctors, nurces and Dietitians.
  • Shoma11 Shoma11
    emoticon I have just been diagnosed with post-prandial blood sugar at 190 and am trying my best to get it down through exercise and diet control within my age and climatic ambience. I live in India and any advice is welcome
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    emoticon My name is Rita and I am a 44 year old person who is a diabetic since I was 1 years old. I still have good health including my sight. I still have great feeling in my feet as well. I do think I am very blessed because most most people who have had diabeties as long as I have are not as lucky. I am twice blessed with two children whom do not have diabeties. I am however thankful that I got diabeties at such a young age because it is the only life I know. Don't get me wrong, I do get angry about checking my sugars or some times watching what I have to eat or not eat. I am however lucky because I can control diabeties unlike some other things out there that a person can not control. I just want to say trust your doctors, nurces and Dietitians.
    Thank you for sharing such a positive outlook! You are a great example of how a person with diabetes can live a full and happy life!emoticon
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    emoticon I have just been diagnosed with post-prandial blood sugar at 190 and am trying my best to get it down through exercise and diet control within my age and climatic ambience. I live in India and any advice is welcome
    Learn how to count your carbohydrates. ( See our videos!) Then, try to eat a standard amount at each meal. I recommend 60 grams per meal. You can adjust downward if your 2 hour blood glucose is still running high. Be sure to include protein and vegetables in your meals with the carbohydrate source. Try to eat carbohydrates that are whole grains, brown rice, and less processed. Remember that fruits and milk also have good carbs, but do increase your blood glucose. Avoid the simple sugars and sweet drinks and juices.
  • shaikh iram shaikh iram
    This is a reply to
    hi rita,
    it was really nice to know abt u ....can u tell wht medicines u r taking right nw....n wht is ur glucose level...n wht food u take .....my mother is suffering fro