Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

Hello!

Started 12/27/2013 by bulate

• bulate bulate ORIGINAL POSTER
    I'm noel my blood sugar range from 7.38. The normal is 5-6.55. I want to know what daily foods is allow for me and how much/less i should take those. Thank you!
  • claras claras
    This is a reply to
    Hello Bulate,
    A food plan will depend on your nutritional needs, what medications you are on, your exercise and if you need to lose or gain weight. Call your insurance and see how you should go about arranging a visit with a certified diabetes educator/registered dietitian. Ask your physician for a referral as well. The dietitian will work with you to balance your foods in the best possible way according to your needs. She/he will also look at your blood glucose log book to see where and how high your sugars have been. Please let us know how you make out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN
  • deepatom deepatom
    hi
    my husband has been detected with type 2 diabetes. he is aged 32, is 172 cms tall and weighs 87 kgs. the hba1c value is 7.6. he had had a check up months back and all values were safe/healthy. is it possible to maintain healthy sugar values with proper exercise and diet, without taking medicines? his mother is diabetic.
  • claras claras
    This is a reply to
    hi
    my husband has been detected with type 2 diabetes. he is aged 32, is 172 cms tall and weighs 87 kgs. the hba1c value is 7.6. he had had a check up months back and all values were safe/healthy. is it possible to maintain healthy sugar values with proper exercise and diet, without taking medicines? his mother is diabetic.
    Hello Deepatom,
    Diet and exercise according to your health professionals guidance should always be included as part of a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes this is not enough and when this happens, medication is often needed to control blood glucose levels. In the adult population in the United States between 2007-2009, there were 12% on insulin only, 14% on insulin and oral medications, 58% on oral medications only and 16% did not take any medications for diabetes. (http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/statistics/#Treatment)
    Diabetes is a progressive disease for most people with type 2 diabetes. Many people are able to control their diabetes for a period of time with diet and exercise only but will need medication as their diabetes progresses. The next step would be for him to ask his physician what medication would be best to help control his blood glucose. Please let us know how he makes out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN