Community Forums

General Diabetes Discussion

Diet foods for diet plan

Started 2/20/2012 by ket123

• ket123 ket123 ORIGINAL POSTER
    what type of foods are good to maintain the blood sugar level in diabetics. Share some of the diet foods, which diabetics should contain in their daily meal or breakfast. I want to make one of the best diet plan for my cousin who are suffering with type 2 diabetes.
  • gpaul7 gpaul7
    I think I found a link to help you
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+type+of+foods+are+good+to+maintain+the+blood+sugar+level+in+diabetics
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    what type of foods are good to maintain the blood sugar level in diabetics. Share some of the diet foods, which diabetics should contain in their daily meal or breakfast. I want to make one of the best diet plan for my cousin who are suffering with type 2 diabetes.
    See meals plans and the nutrition information on our site!
  • aiyanct aiyanct
    Here we go for Type 2: For Breakfast, Tea 1 cup without sugar green tea is better, Milk (low fat) 1 glass (200 ml) , whole wheat bread slices 2, or whole wheat porridge or oats 50 g (one bowl) and 2 egg whites or 25 g paneer or sprouts.
    For Lunch: Lime water without sugar with veg or fruit Salad, chapatti (wheat and bengal gram 4:1) 40 g (2 medium sized), curd (low-fat milk) 120 g (1 bowl) , whole pulse with husk 25 g (1 bowl – cooked), green vegetables 125 g (1 bowl) and fruit 150 g (1 medium).
    For Dinner: Any Salad like above said, rice with whole pulse or bengal gram or chapatti 2 medium sized (40 g), whole pulse with husk 25 g (1 bowl – cooked ), curd 125 g (1 bowl), green vegetables 125 g (1 serving).
    For Non-vegetarians, instead of pulses, lean meats like chicken, fat trimmed, fish, or other seafood. Animal protein is a complete source of protein and benefits health greatly.
  • lindsy4775 lindsy4775
    This is a reply to
    Here we go for Type 2: For Breakfast, Tea 1 cup without sugar green tea is better, Milk (low fat) 1 glass (200 ml) , whole wheat bread slices 2, or whole wheat porridge or oats 50 g (one bowl) and 2 egg whites or 25 g paneer or sprouts.
    For Lunch: Lime water without sugar with veg or fruit Salad, chapatti (wheat and bengal gram 4:1) 40 g (2 medium sized), curd (low-fat milk) 120 g (1 bowl) , whole pulse with husk 25 g (1 bowl – cooked), green vegetables 125 g (1 bowl) and fruit 150 g (1 medium).
    For Dinner: Any Salad like above said, rice with whole pulse or bengal gram or chapatti 2 medium sized (40 g), whole pulse with husk 25 g (1 bowl – cooked ), curd 125 g (1 bowl), green vegetables 125 g (1 serving).
    For Non-vegetarians, instead of pulses, lean meats like chicken, fat trimmed, fish, or other seafood. Animal protein is a complete source of protein and benefits health greatly.
    Sounds like a great meal plan.