Community Forums

Introduce Yourself

low blood sugar

Started 11/8/2012 by wijayaweera

• wijayaweera wijayaweera ORIGINAL POSTER
    i am diabetic for 24 years and usually my diabetic is under control.Since my fasting blood sugar is high doctor prescribed 6 units of insulin about 6 months ago .Recently i found that my fasting and after two hours sugar level is low .I take insulin with dinner and found fasting sugar around 60-80.i have stopped taking insulin now .Need to consult doctor but like any body can help me
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    This is a reply to
    i am diabetic for 24 years and usually my diabetic is under control.Since my fasting blood sugar is high doctor prescribed 6 units of insulin about 6 months ago .Recently i found that my fasting and after two hours sugar level is low .I take insulin with dinner and found fasting sugar around 60-80.i have stopped taking insulin now .Need to consult doctor but like any body can help me
    You have not given enough information to make useful suggestions. What is the length of action on your insulin? What is your blood sugar before dinner? Could you titrated down the dose to 4 units? Are you eating some carbohydrate at dinner? Also some protein and fat? Are you more physically active in the evening? I suggest talking with your doctor and bringing good blood glucose and food records for him to study.