Community Forums

General Diabetes Discussion

Blood Sugar level

Started 6/11/2012 by AMARCWA

• AMARCWA AMARCWA ORIGINAL POSTER
    Currently i know i have a diabetes my age is only 25. Doctor prefer me to take insulin in morning and in evening. This month my insulin dose is 4-3 but my sugar level in morning before Bf is 100-115 and after dinner 130-160. shall i stop taking insulin or suggest me what i have to do
  • SharonRD SharonRD
    No, don't stop! The insulin dosages are doing a good job of keeping your blood glucose under control. Without it, you wouls feel bad and develop complications.
  • lindsy4775 lindsy4775
    This is a reply to
    I agree with you.
  • kfchan kfchan
    I am 55, from Malaysia. I have recently diagnosed by my doctor that I am diabetic patient and he give me the sugar level as 13.5 . He suggest that I should maintain a level 5 to 8. Can you explain what data stand for? As I read most of massage posted as 100-115 or 130-160 for data.Kindly in put me more information as I am new. thanks in advance.
  • claras claras
    This is a reply to
    I am 55, from Malaysia. I have recently diagnosed by my doctor that I am diabetic patient and he give me the sugar level as 13.5 . He suggest that I should maintain a level 5 to 8. Can you explain what data stand for? As I read most of massage posted as 100-115 or 130-160 for data.Kindly in put me more information as I am new. thanks in advance.
    Hello Kfchan,
    You have a very good question. The level 13.5 is a measurement of your hemoglobin A1c value. This is a measurement of your average blood glucose over 2-3 months time. The blood glucose that is recommended for many people with diabetes are fasting 70-130 mg/dl and less than 140 mg/dl 1-2 hours after the first bite of a meal. These values are one time only measurements. They are not for a 2-3 month period of time For more on this topic go tohttp://www.diabetescare.net/Blog/Clara_Schneider/F703F1CC-F9CC-456A-B3DE-CE444D9B4D03.
    For your hemoglobin A1c level of 13.5 %, it would correlate to an average plasma glucose of 403 mg/dl over the last 2-3 months. This is very high. Ask your doctor what medications you need to help get your blood glucose into control. Please tell us how you make out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RD,RN,CDE,LDN