Community Forums

Type 2 Community

Morning Blood Sugar is always bit high (Range :- 140 to 155 - India living conditions)

Started 4/9/2014 by Krishnahbv

• Krishnahbv Krishnahbv ORIGINAL POSTER
    Hi
    I have been diagnosed as Type 2.
    When I was subjected to a test in the hospital, the readings were as follows:
    Fasting 166 mg/dl / Post - 218 mg/dl / HBA1C - 7.1% / Urine: 0.5%
    Average for 90 days - 155 mg/dl
    Doctor has confirmed that I am Diabetic.
    Doctor has advised few life style changes, diet changes & exercise, before deciding to start the medication.
    As per the advise of the doctor, I have started brisk walking and the readings are as follows:
    1. I go for 45-55 mts brisk walk in the evening. My Blood Sugar levels are in the Range: 130 mg/dl to 140 mg/dl. This is under control. Checking on daily basis for last 15 days.
    2. I go for 45-55 mts brisk walk in the MORNING. Even after this, my Blood Sugar levels are in the Range: 145 mg/dl to 155 mg/dl. This is bothering me.
    My question is:
    1. How should i plan my diet/exercise, so that my Morning Blood Sugar can be brought
    under control.
    2. I want to attain the Range 110 mg/dl to 120 mg/dl without medication. Is this possible?
    Thanks!
  • claras claras
    Hello Krishnahbv,
    Congratulations on taking good steps to help control your blood glucose levels. With morning blood glucose levels the problem usually is the liver producing excess blood glucose. Sometimes physicians advise people to go on a medication to help with this even though I do hear that you prefer not to. Ask your doctor what is advised for you. I advise people to do what is necessary to decrease the readings to an acceptable range.
    The changes you are making are very healthy do not be discouraged they are helping you. Please tell us how you make out.
    Clara Schneider MS,RE,RN,CDE,LDN
  • natarajansulo natarajansulo
    This is a reply to
    Hi
    I have been diagnosed as Type 2.
    When I was subjected to a test in the hospital, the readings were as follows:
    Fasting 166 mg/dl / Post - 218 mg/dl / HBA1C - 7.1% / Urine: 0.5%
    Average for 90 days - 155 mg/dl
    Doctor has confirmed that I am Diabetic.
    Doctor has advised few life style changes, diet changes & exercise, before deciding to start the medication.
    As per the advise of the doctor, I have started brisk walking and the readings are as follows:
    1. I go for 45-55 mts brisk walk in the evening. My Blood Sugar levels are in the Range: 130 mg/dl to 140 mg/dl. This is under control. Checking on daily basis for last 15 days.
    2. I go for 45-55 mts brisk walk in the MORNING. Even after this, my Blood Sugar levels are in the Range: 145 mg/dl to 155 mg/dl. This is bothering me.
    My question is:
    1. How should i plan my diet/exercise, so that my Morning Blood Sugar can be brought
    under control.
    2. I want to attain the Range 110 mg/dl to 120 mg/dl without medication. Is this possible?
    Thanks!
    Check for the dinner qty and quality.Finish your dinner before 8PM. Go to bed 2hrsafter dinner.Strolling with in house or open area after dinner for half an hr.Check the fasting .If low plan for increasing qty.