Make this for: Dinner
Category: Beef & Pork
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
In this tempting dish, sweet pepper strips are rolled up inside seasoned beef. Try a combination of red, yellow, orange, and green sweet peppers for a colorful stuffing.
What you'll need
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, cut 1/2 inch thick and trimmed of separable fat
- 1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 8 med 4-inch green pepper strips or eight green onions, cut into 4-inch lengths
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 med Nonstick cooking spray
- Step 1
Spread one side of each beef piece with one-fourth of the mustard. Place two green pepper strips or two green onions at a short end of each beef piece and roll up. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Step 2
Lightly coat a cold large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add beef rolls; brown on all sides. Remove rolls from skillet. Add chopped onion to skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until onion is nearly tender.
- Step 3
In a small mixing bowl stir together beef broth and flour. Pour mixture into the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add beef rolls; cover and simmer 40 minutes. Add carrots; cover and simmer about 20 minutes more until beef and carrots are tender.
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 2 1/2
- Fat: 1/2
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 3