Make this for: Snack
Category: Gravies & Sauces
This Recipe Makes: 6 Serving(s)
A delicious dip for vegetables, packed with garlic flavor, broccoli florets, cannellini beans and flavored with lemon, green onion, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
What you'll need
- 4 med garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp. dried crushed red pepper flakes or a few drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup canned low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. green onion, minced
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Combine garlic, 1-teaspoon oil and crushed red pepper in small foil packet, sealing well. Bake until garlic is tender, about 35 minutes. Cool slightly; squeeze garlic out of skins.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, steam broccoli florets in microwave until very tender, about two minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking; drain. Transfer to blender or food processor. Add beans, lemon juice, green onion, garlic mixture and remaining oil. Puree until smooth.
- Step 3
Season with salt, pepper and additional red pepper flakes or hot sauce, if needed or desired.