Make this for: Snack
This Recipe Makes: 8 Serving(s)
A very tasty pie, lightened up in fat and sugars but not flavor. European style unsweetened cocoa powder gives this an extra special chocolate flavor.
What you'll need
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 small vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. Butter Buds Sprinkles
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup European-style unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-calories frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced bananas
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, margarine, egg, Butter Buds, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Spread in the prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- Step 2
Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, spoon the whipped topping decoratively around the edges of the pie. Garnish with banana slices and walnuts.
- Step 3
Cut the pie into eight wedges and serve with nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt, if desired. (Note if using yogurt be sure to add the extra calories and carbo exchanges -- check the label for specifics).