Recipe By: Sharon Howard, RD/CDE
Make this for: Lunch
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
This salad is packed with fiber, beta carotene, vitamin C and protein. It is a great alternative to the tiresome sandwich in your lunch box!
What you'll need
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 med clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 can 15 oz. chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli flowerettes, blanched for 1 minute in boiling water
- 1 med tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Step 1
In a large mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, basil, and pepper.
- Step 2
Stir in chick peas, broccoli, tomatoes, cheese, and carrots. Toss to mix well.
- Step 3