Make this for: Lunch
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
Boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper and your choice of barbecue sauce or Dijon and honey mustard BBQ sauce. Dipped in egg subsitute and breadcrumbs and baked, not fried.
What you'll need
- 5 med boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1x1x1/2-inch pieces (about 24 pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce or Dijon and honey mustard barbecue sauce
- Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick pan spray.
- Step 2
Sprinkle the nugget with salt and pepper. Dip them in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Step 3
Bake for 15 minutes; turn them and bake 5 minutes longer, to a light golden brown.
- Step 4
Serve hot with barbecue sauce for dipping.
- Starch: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 4