Make this for: Dinner
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
Chicken breast halves seasoned with garlic and of course, paprika and mixed with onions and fresh mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
What you'll need
- 4 med boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. paprika, Hungarian preferred
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Step 1
Season the chicken with the garlic and set aside.
- Step 2
Prepare a large skillet with nonstick pan spray. Add the margarine and cook the onions and mushrooms over medium-high heat about two to three minutes. Push the onions to one side and brown the chicken breasts about three minutes per side. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover tightly and cook over low heat until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- Step 3
Make the sauce by sprinkling the flour over the onions and mushrooms; stir and cook about one minute. Add the milk and stir and simmer until thickened.
- Step 4
Stir in the sour cream. Taste and add more paprika if desired. Add the chicken and heat through. Do not boil.
- Starch: 1
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Fat: 1/2
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 4