Make this for: Lunch
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
Tidbit: Waldorf Salad was created at New York`s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in 1896 by the maitre d` hotel Oscar Tshirky. The original version of this salad contained only apples, celery and mayonnaise.
What you'll need
- 2 cup cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cup chopped, cored apples
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon style mustard
- 2 1/2 tsp. sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 med Red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Step 1
Combine chicken, apples, celery, grapes and 1/4-cup pecans in bowl. Blend mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and sweetener; stir into chicken mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 2
Spoon salad onto lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with 1/4-cup chopped pecans, if using.
- Step 3
Cubed, lean smoked ham can be substituted for the chicken Pineapple chunks can be substituted for the grapes; spoon salad into a hollowed-out pineapple half to serve.
- Fruit: 1 1/2
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 3