Make this for: Lunch
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
Good for your heart and your health, this dressing boasts curry, pepper and cayenne seasoned dressing over a chicken salad with celery and green bell pepper.
Curry powder is actually a mix of up to 20 spices including: cardamon, ginger, fenugreek, chiles, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin fennel seeds and turmeric. Curry powder can have more spices added to the mixture to suit the tastes of a particular individual.
What you'll need
- 1/2 cup fat-free, cholesterol-free or light, reduced-calorie mayonnaise dressing (dressing ingredients)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (dressing ingredients)
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar or white vinegar (dressing ingredients)
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder (dressing ingredients)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (dressing ingredients)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (dressing ingredients)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne (dressing ingredients)
- 2 cup celery ribs, chopped
- 8 med thin strips green bell pepper (optional)
- 4 cup cubed, cooked chicken, white meat only, skin and all visible fat removed
- Step 1
In a large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Step 2
Stir in chicken and celery. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 3
To serve, garnish with bell pepper.
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 3