Make this for: Dinner
Category: Meatless Entrees
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
Tomatoes, pasta sauce, mozarella and parmesan turn your Eggplant into this wonderful Parmigiana Diabetic Recipe delight.
What you'll need
- 1 med eggplant (1 pound), unpeeled, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 med tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup garden-style (meatless) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Prepare an 8-inch diameter round pan with olive oil-flavor non-stick pan spray.
- Step 2
Layer the eggplant and tomatoes in the prepared pan. Spread the pasta sauce over the vegetables.
- Step 3
Cover with foil; bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the eggplant is fork-tender. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Cut into 4 wedges.
- Starch: 1
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 2
- Fat: 1