Recipe By: Ward Alper, The Decadent Diabetic
Make this for: Lunch
This Recipe Makes: 2 Serving(s)
Planning ahead for holiday leftovers. If you don't like walnuts, try toasted almonds or pecans. Make sure to try the tarragon, it will surprise you what a difference it makes.
What you'll need
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise (Hellman's mayonnaise with olive oil was used for this recipe)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dry tarragon (can use up to 1 tsp.)
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- 1 large stalk of celery (chopped very finely)
- 4 oz cooked turkey (can use up to 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- Step 1
Combine mayonnaise, mustard and herbs together. Add the chopped celery and combine.
- Step 2
Shred or dice the leftover turkey and add to the mixture. Add the toasted nuts and combine. Refrigerate at least one hour or even overnight.
- Step 3
For people without diabetes, you can add 1/2 cup of halved green grapes.