Make this for: Snack
This Recipe Makes: 6 Serving(s)
Add a fiesta flair to your green beans! Bell pepper and tomatoes seasoned with basil, rosemary and pepper. Very healthy and very good.
Green Beans are a good source of fiber and vitamin C and also contain calcium, magnesium, zinc and Vitamin A. Also is a source of folate which supports DNA synthesis and new cell formation.
What you'll need
- 1 lb green beans cut in 1-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 med tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Step 1
Place cut up green beans in a microwave-safe covered dish with a small amount of water until crisp-tender, approximately 10-12 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Step 2
While the beans are cooking, saute the ball pepper and onion in olive oil or vegetable oil until tender but not brown.
- Step 3
Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, basil, rosemary, and pepper to the bell pepper-onion mixture.
- Step 4
Stir in the cooked green beans and continue cooking until everything is heated through.
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1