Make this for: Dinner
Category: Beef & Pork
This Recipe Makes: 8 Serving(s)
Flavorful beef tenderloin you can grill or roast. With either choice, the meat will be tender and juicy. Served with a delicious sour cream mixture.
What you'll need
- 1/4 cup finely snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh thyme
- 2 med cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. 2-pound beef tenderloin roast, trimmed of separable fat
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- Step 1
In small mixing bowl stir together parsley, the 2-tablespoons mustard, the rosemary, thyme, garlic, oil, and pepper. Rub over top and sides of meat.
- Step 2
In a covered grill arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the drip pan.* Place roast on grill rack over drip pan, but not over coals. Insert a meat thermometer in center of roast. Lower the grill hood.
- Step 3
Grill about 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 140-degrees. (Or, place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into center of meat. Roast, uncovered, in a 325-degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 140-degrees.) Cover meat with foil and let stand for 15 minutes (the temperature of the meat will rise five degrees during standing).
- Step 4
Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and the 2-teaspoons mustard. Thinly slice meat. Serve with sour cream mixture. If desired, sprinkle with additional black pepper.
- Step 5
To check for medium heat, hold your hand, palm side down, over the grill where the meat will cook and at about the same height of the meat. The heat is right when you can hold you hand there for only three seconds.
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 1