Make this for: Lunch
Category: Sandwiches & Pizza
This Recipe Makes: 2 Serving(s)
Rye bread, sauerkraut, cabbage, tomato and mozzarella make this this fantastic sandwich. Serve with crazy carrots, if desired.
What you'll need
- 2 slice rye bread, toasted
- 2 tsp. margarine
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, well rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cabbage or rinsed, drained sauerkraut
- 1/2 med tomato, sliced
- 4 oz sliced reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Step 1
Spread bread with margarine. Top with combined sauerkraut, cabbage, sliced tomato, and cheese.
- Step 2
Broil 6-inches from heat source until golden and bubbly, three to four minutes.
- Starch: 1
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 2