Make this for: Breakfast
This Recipe Makes: 8 Serving(s)
A coffee classic gets the cool treatment with the taste of fresh orange and a light whipped cream topping. (NOTE: Stevia used as sweetener, low-fat non diary light whipped topping and ground nutmeg used in analysis)
What you'll need
- 1 med Zest from one medium orange, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 7 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cup drip grind espresso coffee
- 3 1/2 tbsp. measurable sweetener of choice
- 3 cup skim milk
- 1 med Light whipped topping
- 1 dash Cocoa, ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- Step 1
Place orange zest in bottom of coffee pot. Brew coffee, using cold water and espresso; cool to room temperature. Strain coffee and discard orange zest; stir in measurable sweetener and milk. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Step 2
Pour cappuccino into chilled tall glasses; spoon small dollop of whipped topping on each and sprinkle with cocoa, nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Step 3
Note: Cappuccino can be frozen in ice cube trays; the cubes can be used with cappuccino so it will not be diluted. Also, the ice cubes can be processed in a blender or food processor to make cappuccino slush.
- Milk: Fat-Free, Low-Fat: 1/2
- Fat: 1/2
- Carbohydrate: 1/2