Recipe By: Jessica K. Black, N.D.
Category: Gravies & Sauces
This Recipe Makes: 7 Serving(s)
You can use this version to replace salsa in any dish and to add a whole new dimension of flavor. It's perfect over a mildly seasoned white fish such as halibut. It also can complement guacamole or any Mexican dish.
What you'll need
- 3 med ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 med red onion, minced
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 med lemon with the juice squeezed out (keep the juice, throw away the lemon)
- 1 med spice peppers, such an Anaheim peppers (you can use up to 2 peppers depending on your tolerance for spice)
- 1 dash sea salt to taste
- 1 med red bell pepper, minced (optional)
- Step 1
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately with rice crackers, or store in the refrigerator. After it sits in the refrigerator for a little while, it tastes even better.
- Step 2
SUBSTITUTIONS: You can experiment with adding anything you want, e.g., black beans, green bell peppers, avocado. You can even try adding other fruit such as kiwis or nectarines. If you cannot tolerate spice, leave out the hot peppers; it still tastes great.