Recipe By: Clara Schneider, MS, RD, RN, CDE, LDN
Make this for: Beverage
This Recipe Makes: 5 Serving(s)
Some eggnog recipes contain as much as 343 calories per cup. The serving size for “Mock Eggnog” is 7 ounces with 90 calories per serving. It has 16 grams of carbohydrate and 0 grams of fat! It is also delicious. The recipe is called “Mock eggnog” because traditional eggnog contains eggs which this recipe does not have.
What you'll need
- 1 pkg. (28 grams) of sugar-free, fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cup cold skim milk
- 1 small packet of your favorite sugar substitute (stevia used in analysis)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg plus an extra sprinkle on the top of each beverage
- 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2oz water
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 small cinnamon sticks
- Step 1
In a large mixing bowl blend instant pudding mix, milk, ground cinnamon and nutmeg with a wire whisk or wooden spoon for 1-2 minutes. Add in cornstarch dissolved in water to mixture and mix thoroughly. Add in the extracts and stir.
- Step 2
Refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes before serving. If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon extra skim milk at a time and stir. Pour into pretty serving glasses. Sprinkle with nutmeg and add a cinnamon stick to stir. This recipe is really yummy!
- Milk: Fat-Free, Low-Fat: 1/2
- Carbohydrate: 1/2