Make this for: Snack
This Recipe Makes: 16 Serving(s)
A deliciously warm and inviting cider with apple juice, grenadine, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and lemon and orange zests for a citrus flair.
What you'll need
- 4 cup cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 2 tbsp. grenadine (a syrup made from pomegranate juice, usually found in the liquor section of larger markets)
- 4 med cloves
- 4 med pods of cardamom, slightly crushed
- 1 med cinnamon stick, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 med Fresh lemon zest, cut in 2-inch strips
- 1 med fresh orange zest, cut in 2-inch strips
- Step 1
In a medium saucepan, combine the apple cider with the grenadine, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, lemon and orange zest. Heat the cider until small bubbles appear around the edges of the liquid. Reduce the heat, keeping the cider warm enough so that steam rises from the surface.
- Step 2
Hold it at this point for 20 minutes. Remove the spices and zest from the pan. Pour the cider into clear punch cups or mugs and serve.