Make this for: Dinner
This Recipe Makes: 8 Serving(s)
Use new, small, red or Yukon Gold potatoes cooked and enjoy in a salad with green beans, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, chives or green onion tops and Roquefort or blue cheese.
What you'll need
- 1 lb new, small, red or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 8 oz fresh green or wax beans, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives, or chopped green onion tops
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Roquefort or blue cheese (optional)
- Step 1
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 6 minutes. Add the beans; continue to boil until the potatoes are tender and the beans are crisp-tender, about 4 to 6 minutes longer. Drain. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Add the beans.
- Step 2
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, mustard, and the vinegar; pour over the warm potatoes and beans and toss. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the chives. Add the cheese if desired.