Category: Soups & Stews
This Recipe Makes: 8 Serving(s)
Lean ham pieces, tomatoes, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, thyme leaves, marjoram, basil and pepper in a base of onion soup with broken spaghetti and cannellini beans. Top with Paremsan if desired.
What you'll need
- 1 lb lean ham, cut into small pieces
- 1 can condensed onion soup (10 3/4 ounces)
- 2 cup canned diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1/2 cup each of diced carrot and celery
- 1 med zucchini, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. each: dried thyme leaves, marjoram, basil, and pepper
- 5 cup water
- 1 cup broken uncooked spaghetti
- 1 can cannellini beans, not drained (15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
In a large soup pot, combine ham, soup, tomatoes, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, basil, pepper and water. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Step 2
Add spaghetti and beans with liquid and cook 30 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.