Make this for: Dinner
Category: Soups & Stews
This Recipe Makes: 4 Serving(s)
Boneless, skinless turkey breast with reduced sodium chicken broth, wild rice, broccoli florets, sage, salt and pepper. This is great for anyone, not just diabetics.
What you'll need
- 1 lb boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 2 med carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. hopped fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried, sage leaves
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1
Saute turkey in oil in large saucepan until lightly browned. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in broth, wild rice, and carrots. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Step 2
Stir in broccoli and sage; simmer until broccoli is tender, about five minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Starch: 1
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 3