Make this for: Dinner
Category: Ground Meat & Sausage
This Recipe Makes: 5 Serving(s)
Ground veal with onion, garlic, red bell pepper, Parmesan, chili sauce or ketchup, basil, chili powder and tomato sauce.
What you'll need
- 12 oz ground veal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 med egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 450-degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Step 2
In a large bowl, mix together veal, onion, garlic, red pepper, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, chili sauce, basil and chili powder until well combined. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Step 3
Bake for approximately ten minutes or until no longer pink inside. Place in serving dish and pour tomato sauce over top.
- Step 4
Cut the salt: Veal goes well with bay leaf, curry powder, ginger, marjoram, or oregano. Omit the salt.
- Starch: 1/2
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 2