Make this for: Dinner
Category: Soups & Stews
This Recipe Makes: 8 Serving(s)
Nutritious veggies! Zucchini, parsley, corn, seasoned with fresh basil and a grand finale of cubed cheese.
What you'll need
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 med zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup homemade vegetable broth, or canned reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn or 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, including juice (16-ounce)
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh basil leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can fat-free evaporated milk (12 ounce)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cubed American or light processed cheese
- Step 1
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the zucchini, onion, and parsley. Cook for about six minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2
Add the flour and stir until blended. Add the broth, lemon juice, and pepper. Stir while heating to a boil.
- Step 3
Add the corn, tomatoes with liquid, and basil; bring to a boil, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Step 4
Add the evaporated milk and heat just to boiling. Add the cheese; stir just until melted. Do not boil.
- Starch: 1
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 1