Make this for: Breakfast
Category: Breads & Muffins
This Recipe Makes: 36 Serving(s)
These mini-muffins are extra sweet with white chocolate and pecans. For a change of flavor, use plain chocolate or replace the pecans with your favorite nut. (NOTE: low sodium baking powder, low-fat buttermilk and unpacked light brown sugar used in analysis)
What you'll need
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 oz white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecan nuts, chopped (Pecans are slightly sweeter than walnuts and make a good substitute for them in recipes. Both types of nuts contain polyunsaturated fatty acids, protein and fiber.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 med eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Lightly grease and flour three trays of 12 mini-muffin pans.
- Step 2
Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Stir in chocolate and nuts. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and quickly fold into flour mixture.
- Step 3
Spoon mixture into prepared mini-muffin pans. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden and risen. Cool muffins in pans on wire rack for ten minutes before serving.