Make this for: Snack
This Recipe Makes: 12 Serving(s)
Vanilla wafer crust, reduced fat cream cheese, Equal Spoonful in place of sugar, egg whites, cornstarch, reduced fat sour cream, vanilla. Swirl unsweetened chocolate and top with chocolate curls.
What you'll need
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tbsp. stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp. Equal Spoonful may substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
- 3 pkg. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup Equal Spoonful may substitute 18 packets Equal sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp. fat-free milk
- 1 pkg. Chocolate curls (optional)
- Step 1
For Crust, mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal®. Press onto bottom and 1/2-inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- Step 2
For Cheesecake, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Equal in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Mix in eggs, egg whites and cornstarch. Fold in sour cream and vanilla until combined. Remove 1/2 cup cheesecake batter. Pour remaining batter over baked crust.
- Step 3
Add melted chocolate and fat-free milk to 1/2 cup reserved cheesecake batter; mix well. Place spoonfuls of chocolate mixture on top of cheesecake. Using tip of knife or spatula, gently swirl chocolate batter into cheesecake.
- Step 4
Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes or until center of cake is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake.
- Step 5
Let cheesecake cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. To serve, remove side of pan. Garnish top of cheescake with chocolate curls, if desired. Cut cake into wedges.