Make this for: Lunch
Category: Soups & Stews
This Recipe Makes: 2 Serving(s)
Undrained baby clams with potato, celery and onion seasoned with white pepper and thyme. Evaporated skim milk makes this soup satisfying and creamy without all the fat of creamed soups.
What you'll need
- 1 can whole baby clams, do not drain (5 ounces)
- 1 med potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme leaves
- 3 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. reduced calorie margarine
- Step 1
Drain clams; reserve juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 2/3 cup. Combine clam juice mixture, potato and onion in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer eight minutes or until potato is tender.
- Step 2
Add milk, pepper and thyme to saucepan. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir two minutes. Add margarine. Cook five minutes or until soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Stir in clams.
- Step 3
Cook five minutes or until clams are firm, stirring occasionally. Garnish with red pepper strip, thyme and greens, if desired.
- Starch: 1
- Milk/Dairy: 1
- Meats & Meat Substitutes: 1